If you want to Master PowerShell Scripting and use the power of automation, then this course is for you.
Now a days every Leading Platform using PowerShell as its Management Tool, whether it is Microsoft Products, VMware, Citrix, cloud Providers like Azure, AWS, or Google etc.
Now either we need to learn each Platform’s own command line Tool to manage them or we can Learn a Single Powerful Tool that is “PowerShell” to manage them All.
Means PowerShell is a Skill, that perfectly fit into framework of “Learn Once, Apply everywhere, throughout your career”
In this Course we start from scratch, So absolute Beginners are also most welcome !!
In this course, you get a detailed learning about PowerShell that includes (but not limited to) –
✔ PowerShell Overview, Evolution & Background
- What is PowerShell & Why Its Popularity growing day by day
- Brief About Version History & Difference Between Windows PowerShell & Core
- Installation of PowerShell Core
- Know PowerShell ISE (Integrated Scripting Environment)
- How to Install & Use Visual Studio (VS) Code
- Why it is very critical to master PowerShell Help Center to master PowerShell, different commands & parameters and how to master Help Center
✔ PowerShell Variables Deep Dive
- What are PowerShell Variables, their Characteristics & best practice to use them in the Best way.
- Data Types, why sometimes necessary to declare data types explicitly
- Different types of Variable Scopes & way to override default behaviors to make awesome scripts
- Set of Commands that can be used to handle Variables
- Use cases to understand Variable uses in real world scripting
✔ Working With Custom Input & Output
- Interactive Input, Uses, benefits & Best practices
- Know the commands used for accepting Custom Input or Output like Read-Host, Write-Host etc.
- Ways of writing other output like error, debug, Warning, Verbose etc.
✔ PowerShell Operators in Depth
- Understanding PowerShell Operators & their characteristics
- A detailed discussion about Arithmetic Operators ,Assignment Operator, Equality Operators, Matching Operators, Containment Operators, replacement Operators, Type Operators, Logical Operators, redirection Operators, Split Operator, Join Operator, Unary Operator, Grouping Operator, Subexpression Operator, Call Operator, Cast Operator, Comma Operator Range Operator & Member Access Operator
- Creating complex Conditions & evaluation criteria using different type of Operators
✔ Working With PowerShell Pipelines
- What are PowerShell Pipelines & their Characteristics
- What are the right places for using PowerShell Pipelines
- Using pipeline in typical conditional like with commands that does not generate output on console by default
- Understanding inside working of Pipelines to make troubleshooting easy
✔ PowerShell Arrays Deep Dive
- What exactly PowerShell arrays are and how we can easily create or initialize them using different approaches based on form of available input
- Understanding the working of Array indexing and its usage in accessing elements of an Array
- Usage of different methods of PowerShell Arrays like Clear, Foreach & Where to perform different actions like Clearing elements, Iterating an action again elements of an array or filtering Contents of an Array
- Adding or removing element of an Array
✔ PowerShell Hashtable
- Understanding Hashtables & different approaches for creating them
- Understanding Ordered Hashtable, their benefits, and creation method
- Access & Modification (Add/remove) of Keys & Values of Hashtable using different Approaches
- Making efficient Conditions & Logics Using Hashtable
- Sorting, filtering and other operations on key value pair of Hashtable using enumeration
- Creating different type of Custom Table using PSCustomObject
✔ Loops & Conditions
- For Loop, Do Loop, While Loop, Foreach Loop, If-Else Statement, their syntaxes, Workflows and their use cases in real
✔ Error Handling
- Thoroughly understanding and working with error variable and creating custom error message
- Try-Catch-Finally to deal with Terminating & non Terminating errors
✔ Working with Background Jobs
- Background Jobs, Uses & Best Practices for them
- Decide between Synchronous &. Asynchronous jobs
- Creating a local, WMI or Remote job
- Dealing Job results
- Making use of Child Jobs
- Working with Commands, used for Managing & Scheduling Jobs
✔ PowerShell Functions Deep Dive
- PowerShell Functions, benefits, Scope, Best Practices & Syntax
- What exactly Advanced functions are & how they differ from Simple functions & the best benefits of using them
- Creating parameters & defining their different attributes like if parameter is mandatory, does it accept Pipelined Input, Should it accept single value or multiple values, Is it positional or not etc.
- Writing Comment based help for a function to make it user friendly
- Maintaining Compliance & Uniformity by using validated set of Possible Values.
✔ Exploring Regular Expressions (Regex)
- Regex quick start & resources
- Finding ways regex patterns with Commands like Select-String
- Using regex with Operators like Match, replace, Split
- Regex with conditional statements like SWITCH
- Using regex for Validating a parameter value pattern
After completing this course –
You will find yourself very efficient and confident in using PowerShell Skill in your daily professional life.
You will be able to automate all the stuff that you are doing currently using Graphical User Interface (GUI)of various platforms like Windows Client & Server, Officer 365, Azure, AWS, VMware, Citrix etc.
Please don’t wait that others should encourage you to learn this Skill.
Try to identify the need and demand of Today’s time, and Grab this opportunity to Learn this new Skill to match pace with Trending Time and Technologies.
I am sure, As soon as you complete this course, You will be very efficient in automation using PowerShell Scripting.
All the best 🙂
Who this course is for:
- Techies who want to learn PowerShell
- Techies who want to Learn a common Tool to Manage Most of the Leading Platforms like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Citrix, VMware etc.
- IT People who want to automate repetitive task and make their life easy
What you’ll learn
Components that we need to create efficient PowerShell Scripts
All 200+ slides available as downloadable PDF
Automating task using PowerShell Scripts
How to use basic building blocks to create Awesome Scripts
Awesome Tips to learn Scripting in easy and the quickest way
Reason Behind Popularity of PowerShell
Why its Popularity booming day by day
How to make Scripts dynamic & smart by use of Variables
Creating Complex condition using different Operators
Dealing with Collection using Arrays & Hashtables
Effective Selection of Loops to iterate script block
Awesome PowerShell automation skills to impress your colleagues and IT management
Reusing code to save efforts using Advanced Functions