What you’ll learn
O Level Chemistry Redox, Electrolysis and electrochemical cell
reducing and oxidising agent
reduction and oxidation in terms of oxygen, hydrogen, electrons and oxidation number
how to find oxidation number
common oxidising and reducing agents
extraction of aluminum
hydrogen-oxygen fuel cell
writing ionic and chemical equations
In this course, you will learn redox reaction and electrochemistry as tested in O Level Chemistry Syllabus 6092. This is a complete course that will bring you through all the concepts, and cover many examples so that you will be equipped with the skills to apply what you learned to your exam questions.
In the topic on redox, you will learn:
- Oxidation and reduction ( in terms of oxygen)
- Oxidation and reduction ( in terms of hydrogen)
- Oxidation and reduction ( in terms of electrons)
- Oxidation and reduction ( in terms of oxidation number)
- Finding oxidation number
- Common oxidising and reducing agents
In the topic on electrochemistry, you will learn:
- what is electrolysis
- Electrolysis of aqueous substances
- Electrolysis of molten substances
- Extraction of aluminum from its ore by electrolysis
- Purification and electroplating
- Electrochemical cells
In this course, we dive deep into the concepts of redox and electrochemistry tested in the O Level Chemistry. We also go through in detail how to do questions so that at the end of the course, you can dive right into your past prelim questions and O Level past year papers and do them.
This is the complete course that I conduct in my face-to-face tuition lessons. The complete course usually takes multiple 2- hour lessons. But now, you can learn redox and electrochemistry anytime, anywhere, at your own pace, and watch it any number of times you like.
What are you waiting for?
Who this course is for:
- Students taking O level Chemistry
- O Level Chemistry syllabus (Syllabus 6092)