For DISCOUNT COUPONS please connect with me over email or LinkedIn
This course contains theory & practice for all the components of OpenStack & that too in the context of a telco cloud i.e. in the context of NFV.
The main challenge in learning OpenStack is to get a lab for practice. In this course, we will learn how to build our own lab of OpenStack on Google cloud for free, so that you have a lab to practice even after the completion of the course. However, this lab is not the exact replica of a production-grade data center. Around 80% of tasks can be performed here as compared to the actual environment.
The course has been designed considering the daily job of a Telco cloud operations engineer but, anyone who is interested to understand Telco cloud or Openstack, in general, can benefit from this course. It contains core concepts of NFV, VNF, ETSI/MANO, SDN & the overall cloudification of the core network & RAN.
We will create flavors, images, VMs & VNFs during the course so that, you get a real-time experience of the technology.
- Module-1 Virtualization & Cloud computing
- Module-2 Public & Private cloud
- Module-3 Telco cloud infrastructure
- Module-4 OpenStack components
- Module-5 Setup GCP account
- Module-6 Basic Linux practice
- Module-7 Openstack Connectivity, node types & documentation
- Module-8 Building OpenStack lab on GCP
- Module-9 Exploring the CLI & GUI in OpenStack
- Module-10 Creating virtual machines & related components
- Module-11 User & Projects management
- Module-12 VM migration & evacuation
- Module-13 OpenStack networking
- Module-14 NFV & ETSI MANO
- Module-15 Traffic flows
- Module-16 Software-defined networking (SDN)
Course exclusions (not included in the course) –
- Vendor-specific OpenStack customization
- VNF lifecycle management
- Ceph Storage
- Scale-out/in (addition/deletion) of a compute server
- Integration of OpenStack with any external tool or API
Who this course is for:
- Any Telecom Engineer who wants to shift his career from Legacy to Cloud – System integrators, RAN engineers, Core network, Packet core , RF , Maintenence (O&M), Transmission, Configuration, Network
- Sales people – Sales engineers, Pre-sales enginners, Solution engineers
- Managers – Project managers, Product managers, Incident & Problem managers
- Budding TelcoCloud enthusiasts who aspires to be a – Solution architect, Solution designer, Cloud engineer, Cloud integrator, etc
- Any managment executive who wants to understand NFV & OpenStack
What you’ll learn
Excellent Hands-On experience on all the OpenStack & NFV components. Build your own lab (for free) & create VMs & VNFs
Completely understand the purpose of Virtualization & Cloud computing & also understand why Openstack is essential for mobile operators.
Excellent understanding & decoupling of TelcoCloud components. Journey of a legacy Telco node from a proprietory machine to a Virtual network function (VNF).
Capacity planning for cloud infrastructure, Deep dive in Openstack networking concepts, Basic linux hands-on
ETSI – MANO, NFV & SDN concepts