What you’ll learn
- Pronounce Polish sounds
- Use very common words and phrases
- Build basic sentences, including negations and questions
- Greet people and introduce yourself
- Name and describe people, places and objects
- Use the masculine, feminine, neuter gender
- Use the nominative, instrumental, accusative case
- Inflect key verbs in singular like “to be”, “to have”, “to speak”, “to live”, “to like”, etc.
- All you need is motivation and curiosity to learn Polish to start the course.
- Instructions are given in English.
Build Up Your Polish is a video course that will help you quickly and effectively learn the foundations of the Polish language so that you will be able to communicate independently. With the course you will learn the most common words and phrases, practice the pronunciation and understand the grammatical structures of the Polish language.
The course focuses on introducing the right amount of new knowledge that is easy to digest. Memorization techniques (repetitions, illustrations, active involvement) will help you remember words and structures permanently and automatize producing sentences in Polish. The lessons in the course are designed this way that they keep you involved from the first minute and encouraged to participate actively in building sentences in Polish.
You will be amazed how quickly you are able to build your own sentences and speak Polish!
What does the course consist of?
The course has a clear structure and consists of video recordings, an exercise book, a word list, pronunciation and grammar tips, as well as quizzes.
- Video lessons
The course consists of 20 video lessons. Each video recording takes approximately 15-20 minutes. In every lesson I will step by step introduce new words and expressions, pronunciation tips and grammar rules. Supporting illustrations will help you activate the brain and memorize better. It is intended not to be overwhelming with vocabulary nor grammar rules but the course leaves you enough time to digest the acquired knowledge and space for active involvement in building the structures. Then together we will build sentences containing previously introduced words and structure. And because these words and structures will appear many times throughout this course, this repetition will help you remember. At the end of each lesson I will summarize the words, pronunciation and grammar tips. Additionally, in every video there is a short dialogue that includes the previously presented words and structures.
- Slides from the video lessons
The slides contain the material and comments presented in the video lessons.
- Exercise book
The exercise book in a PDF format will help you practice in building sentences in Polish.
- Word list
This document contains a list of all words presented in the lessons with an English translation.
Every five lessons there is a short online quiz checking the knowledge.
- Final test
At the end of the course there is a final test checking the language skills gained throughout the course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for everybody that is interested in learning the basics of the Polish language. If you are looking for course that will help you learn useful words and phrases, practice the pronunciation and understand the structures of the Polish language in an easy and effective way – the course is for you!