Basic knowledge of API usage.
Basic knowledge of JSON will be good to have.
No prior knowledge of Postman is required. This course will cover everything you need to start using Postman.
Dec 2021: Added Postman Mock Server
Postman is one of the hot topics in the API world. The usage of Postman has dramatically increased in recent times for API testing. Companies such as Twitter, Shopify, Imgur, and Intuit use Postman as a platform for REST API management at a large scale. You will be learning the Postman concepts from scratch in this course.
My name is Praveen, your instructor for this course! I had worked for about 10 years in Honeywell wherein I’d transitioned from Software Engineer, to Senior Software Engineer, Tech Lead, and so on in C# .NET development. For the last 5 years, I’ve been working in the security domain for an access control product based on the .NET technology. Moreover, I’ve published about 12 courses in Udemy and taught over 18,230 students on various .NET technologies.
Topics Covered In This Course
- Understand Postman Desktop and Postman Web apps.
- Learn sending basic HTTP Requests using GET, PUT, POST, DELETE, etc for testing API.
- Master sending HTTP Requests that include authorization, header presets, code snippets, Postman console, and so on.
- Know Collections in Postman.
- Use Postman Environments to group variables.
- Understand Postman Workspaces.
- Get to know importing requests.
- Learn to import and export API elements.
More Reasons To Take This Course
- Postman is increasingly used in every field involving API.
- Postman is the 1st choice among API developers for API testing.
- Get ahead of the curve and learn to use Postman with ease.
- You can take this course without the need for any prior Postman experience.
- Each lesson in this course is bite-sized and easy to finish.
Twitter and Shopify use Postman for effective API management to enhance their product portfolios as well as to remain the top leader in their respective segment.
This course provides 3.5 hours of content along with practice activities. To help you better, it follows a step-by-step approach of using Postman for API testing from scratch.
At The End Of This Course
- You will know how to use Postman for API Testing with ease.
- You will have a strong foundation on Postman and its features.
Who This Course Is For?
- Web Developers who work with APIs on the front-end or back-end. You may be either consuming or exposing APIs.
- Basic knowledge of API usage.
- Basic knowledge of JSON will be good to have.
This course will provide significant knowledge of using Postman for your next REST API testing. You will be confident to instantly apply the Postman concepts covered in the course.
Enroll now to get started.
What Do You Get When You Enroll In This Course?
- Lifetime access to the course and all future updates to the course content.
- Personalized support and answers to your questions.
- Udemy certificate of completion.
- 30-Day 100% money-back guarantee.
Who this course is for:
- Web Developers who work with APIs on front-end or back-end. You may be either consuming or exposing APIs.
What you’ll learn
Get started with using Postman Desktop and Postman Web app for API testing.
Get an overview of sending HTTP requests in Postman. Learn about sending GET, PUT, POST, and DELETE requests.
Master sending HTTP Requests that include authorization, header presets, code snippets, Postman console, and so on.
Understand Collections in Postman to group the requests.
Understand Environments and Workspaces in Postman.
Learn to import and export Postman API elements to increase your productivity while testing APIs.
Quizzes and assignments to validate your learning.
Lots of demos showing how to use the above Postman features.