Modern browser and internet connection
A basic understanding of programming would be helpful, Basic knowledge of Ruby and Rails will be a plus
No paid software required
When creating a Web application, you usually have to start with the two key elements:
- Authentication – User log in, user account management.
- Authorization – User roles, permissions and access to different parts of your app.
Code-Along and build a Web App MVP covering all aspects of Log-In, User Management, and Role-Management functionality.
Core topics covered:
- Basic authorization via email (Currency)
- Social log in via Google
- Social log in via Facebook
- Social log in via Twitter
- Social log in via Github
- Confirmable currency
- Trackable currency
- Lockable currency
- Invitable currency – Inviting users to join the app via email
- Banning users
- Deleting users
- Editing user profile
- Managing user roles (admin, teacher, student) without any gems
- Role-based access to different features (example: only admin can ban a user) without any gems
- Blocking bot registrations
- Sending transactional emails in production (Amazon SES)
By the end of the course you will have created a boilerplate, based on which you can build any business application of your dream.
This course can be interesting for Ruby on Rails developers of all levels: for beginners and for veterans.
As a beginner , you will get the whole experience of thinking and building the core lifesystem of any modern Web Application.
As a veteran , you will get acquainted with some exquisite approaches for problem-solving, and features that you could have not encountered in the past.
We are not going to cover the fundamentals of what Ruby and Rails are: there are other, more basic courses for that.
Instead, we will dive straight into coding along and building our application step-by-step, feature-by-feature.
As well all enrolled students will have access to the source code, support materials and discussion groups.
Looking forward to seeing you inside!
Who is this course for?
- If you want to learn just enough about all aspects of Authentication & Authorization
- If you want to start your own startup by building your own websites and web apps.
- If you are already acquainted with Ruby on Rails and wants to deepen your knowledge
- If you want to learn how to build professional grade Ruby on Rails applications
- If you want to be a web app developer: This course will introduce you to many in-depth mechanics of Ruby on Rails
Download Ruby on Rails Crash Course Authentication and Authorization Free