What you’ll learn
Generate and develop ideas for short stories
Draft short stories
Edit and polish written prose
Learn a little about getting published, or publishing your own work
Learn about publicizing your work when it’s out there
A good command of English, or the language students wish to write in
Access to word processing software or stationery. You can use googledocs or Open Office for word processing for free
Want to write great short stories? Want to improve your creative writing and get feedback from a prize winning author? Then this course is for you.
Working through the life cycle of a story from idea to publication, you’ll learn everything you need to know to be a successful short story writer. Find ideas, get playful, learn about drafting, creative writing techniques and how to structure and polish your work, and even how to publish yourself too. The course continues with extra help once your story is out there. Learn how to publicize your work, as well as dealing with feedback and reviews with a smile on your face.
Led by Authors’ Club and Betty Trask Award winning author Nicola Monaghan (aka best selling thriller writer Niki Valentine) and recently updated, this course includes:
- Nearly two and half hours of video lectures on creative writing
- Downloadable creative writing resources and handouts
- Regular creative writing exercises and assignments that build on one another, with the chance to post your writing and get feedback
- Guidance on how to write great dialogue, and on story structure
- Advice about getting published, or publishing yourself, as well as what to do once your work is out there
So enrol now and start learning how to write better short stories today!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who wish to learn more about writing short stories
- Writers of other forms (novels, scripts etc) who would like to sharpen up their short story writing