What you’ll learn
Read and understand Single Line Diagram
Extract relevant information from SLD
Realize the importance and roles of SLD
Identify various symbols of the component in an SLD
Identify various symbols of the component through ANSI codes
Read, understand and extract SLD for a LV (Low Voltage) Switchboard / Panel Board
Read, understand and extract SLD for a MV (Medium Voltage) Switchboard / Panel Board
Understand basics on CRP – Control and Relay Panel through SLD
Brief overview of typical solar power plant through a Sample SLD
Should have a basic degree or knowledge in Electrical Engineering – B tech, B.E., Diploma or any similar relevant educational background
Welcome to our 4th Course !!! “Single Line Diagram”
Students will get a brief idea of different types of electrical diagrams such as
- Block Diagram
- Schematics (To learn more on this refer our course – Electrical Schematics & Motor Circuits)
- Wiring diagram
- Logic Diagram
- Riser Diagram
- General Arrangement Drawing (To learn more on this refer our course – Basics on Switchboards & their GA drawings)
- Single Line Diagram
In this course we will learn in detail about SLD’s or Single line diagrams. We will learn how to read and understand and extract information from a single line diagram.
By the end of this course, you will be able to easily interpret a single line diagram.
Let us have an overview of our course on Single Line Diagram. There are 3 sections in this course.
SECTION 1 – Different types of electrical diagram and an introduction to SLD.
- Various Types of electrical diagrams &
- What is a SLD?
- How is it represented?
- Why is it important?
- What information is depicted in the SLD?
- Why is it needed?
- When is it developed?
- Who develops it?
- Where does the SLD find its application in the Switchboard Industry?
SECTION 2 – Most frequently used symbols in SLD
- Symbols and definition of components such as transformers, generators, ACB, Meters, Instrument transformers, Protective relays etc.
SECTION 3 – Interpretation of a typical SLD depicting HV, MV & LV
- SLD template and its importance.
- Importance of notes and legend sections in the SLD.
- How one can go about interpreting of the drawing section in the SLD
Who this course is for:
- Engineering, diploma and ITI students
- Students and professionals who wish to work in power plant, renewable energy, switchboards, MEP industries
- Interest in power systems analysis and Electrical Circuits
- Sales Engineer or estimators in the Switchboard/ Electrical Panel board Industry
- Design engineers in the Switchboard / Electrical Panel board Industry
- Students with academic interest in power flow and distribution