Basic knowledge of programming and software engineering
Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
Do you want to master Software Architecture and System Design?
You came to the right place!
In this practical course, you will learn how to architect real-life systems, that scale to millions of daily users, as well as process and store petabytes of data.
This is also the perfect place for you to prepare and gain confidence for an upcoming System Design Interview.
Some of the things you will learn include:
- Identifying the technical requirements of the systems without missing any details
- Defining easy to use and robust APIs
- Applying modern Architectural Building Blocks & techniques for High Scalability, Availability, and Performance
- Following industry-proven Software Architecture Patterns & best practices
- Architecting highly scalable systems for massive internet traffic and Big Data Processing
By the end of the course, you will have all the skills you need to take on an ambiguous and high-level requirement and go through all the stages of a system design, all the way to its final Software Architecture.
Although this course does not involve coding, it is a highly practical course that will give you the fundamental knowledge for building real-world systems.
All the techniques and patterns covered in the course are used by top software companies.
In addition to the video lectures, you will also find
- Many resources, related to the topics covered in the course.
- Quizzes that will help you validate your progress and review the course material
- External links to relevant articles and videos to enhance your learning experience
This course is perfect for you if:
- You want to master Software Architecture, a topic that is not usually taught in colleges or coding bootcamps
- You want to become a Software Architect or a senior member of technical staff, such as a Senior / Principal Software Engineer or Technical Lead
- You are preparing for a System Design Interview and want to increase your chances for success, as well as stand out from the crowd of candidates
So what are you waiting for? 🙂
Let’s get started!
– Do I need to be a Software Architect to take this course?
Absolutely not! A Software Architect is just a title. In fact, many companies don’t give this official title to anyone. Most Software Architecture and System Design is done by trusted engineers within the organization. To get this trust from your managers, you need to demonstrate a solid knowledge of Software Architecture and System Design. This is exactly what will learn in this course.
– What is the importance of Software Architecture, and why do I need to learn it?
Modern software development of large-scale systems is very complex. Typically it involves many months of work of multiple software engineers. Just like no one would attempt to build a skyscraper without a solid plan and architecture, it is inconceivable to take on a big software project without proper design and an approved Software Architecture. If the Software Architecture of a system is done poorly the project will likely fail. However, if the software architecture is done correctly, it can have an enormous positive impact on many lives and help your organization grow and thrive.
– Is there any coding involved in the course?
No. Software Architecture is part of the design phase of a large-scale system. Coding is done only when the Software Architecture is finalized. It definitely takes a certain mental leap to realize that coding is only a small part of software engineering. And if the Software Architecture and the design is done correctly, the coding task and everything that comes after it can be very easy and straightforward. On the other hand, if the Software Architecture is not done correctly, the implementation phase can become a big challenge.
Who this course is for:
- Any student who wants to take their career to the next level, towards Senior, Principal or Software Architect position
- Any student who wants to learn Software Architecture and System Design
- Any student who is preparing for a System Design Interview
What you’ll learn
Software Architecture of large scale systems, capable of handling millions of requests/day
Design highly scalable, highly available and performant software systems
Apply industry proven software architectural patterns, building blocks and best practices
Define the system’s technical requirements, high level components and API
Gain confidence for an upcoming System Design Interview