What you’ll learn
Learn to build sleek and professional looking interactive Tableau dashboards
Understand data analysis basics – aggregation, filtering, sorting, and merging data sets
Learn to write SQL code, joins, and understand data relationships
Learn data visualization design best practices with actionable framework and tips
Understand advanced topics like order of operations, performance optimization, animation, blending, data interpreter
Learn basics of statistics and apply the theory to create a box-and-whisker chart
Use MapBox API to create a custom map look.
Build more than 12 charts in 7 labs including bar, line, combination, map, histogram, etc.
Basic knowledge of computers and Google.
How this Tableau course is different?
If you already know how to build great looking dashboards, write SQL, and explain meaning from data, you are one of the top data professionals. Since you are reading this course description, chances are, you wish to enhance your skills in one or more of these areas.
If that’s the case, you are looking at the right course on Udemy. This course takes a unique and holistic approach to build hands-on skills valued by employers.
What skills you will develop?
1. Build awesome dashboards – Not everyone is a designer. I get it. It takes creativity and a design process to build great dashboards. The other (secret) method is paying attention to Section 5 of this course. In section 5, we provide you with a “repeatable” framework for dashboard design. We will cover things like how to do dashboard layout, select a chart, and understand how small formatting details make a big difference.
2. Write SQL code – Your data is in a database and you know that a “select” statement can fetch data. You need to understand how to do “join” tables together.
3. Understand and explain data – We are flooded with data. As cool as “big data” sounds, I have yet to see a data analyst getting bonus points for analyzing an extra terabytes of data. What matters more is the ability to separate insights from the noise, provided context, and clearly communicate your findings.
4. Hands-on Tableau – Tableau takes a unique approach to data visualization and data science. In this beginner-friendly course, we will understand how to build a data source, charts, and dashboards.
In summary, this course will give all the skills and the confidence necessary to improve your Tableau and data skills.
How this course will benefit your career and job prospects?
After you download and install free Tableau software, please complete the labs in the course. Publish your dashboards online on Tableau Public. This will establish credibility to your credentials. The course provides a good foundation for Tableau desktop and specialist exam & certification. If you are preparing for a Tableau job interview, please watch the lectures SQL, Data Extracts, and Advanced Concepts. This will provide the conceptual foundation.
October 2021 – How to Publish to Tableau Public & Tableau Server.
November 2021 – Integrate Python using TabPy. Added lab on Twitter sentiment analysis using Tableau & Python.
Who this course is for:
- Tableau beginners.
- Tableau practitioners who want to understand how things work under the hood.