What you’ll learn
Behavioral science-based leadership skills that are the foundational building blocks of successfully leading hybrid and remote teams.
How to coach team relationships and close experience-expectation gaps to create the trust and psychological safety.
The vital role of feedback and how to balance giving and receiving it.
What is motivation and how to inspire it intrinsically with each member of your team.
How to clarify and align team purpose, norms, and values
A passion for leadership and a willingness to think differently about it as we look beyond traditional traits, skills, and competency frameworks and explore leader behavior.
There are a lot of ways to think about leadership. During this course we’re going to look at remote team leadership through a behavioral lens. For remote teams, seeing behavioral issues over video and messaging apps before they do harm is nearly impossible. We’re going to take on that challenge by drawing on lessons from behavioral science and some of the world’s elite teams.
Combining insights from his research with teams from around the world, and decades of experience leading remote teams, Dr. Hurley describes the leader behaviors that trigger small actions that lead to big results, and the actions you can take that will result in greater inclusion, higher engagement, and improved performance on your teams.
What You’ll Get Out of this Course
In this course we’ve condensed information from Dr. Hurley’s books and doctoral work into seven, self-paced learning modules. You’ll get…
- Behavioral science-based leadership skills that are the foundational building blocks of successfully leading hybrid and remote teams.
- Exercises to clarify and align team purpose, norms, and values.
- Learn how to use the Motivational Triangle™ to inspire intrinsic motivation with each member of your team.
- Learn how to balance different types of feedback.
- Learn how to coach team relationships and close experience-expectation gaps to create the trust and psychological safety.
Who this course is for:
- Conscious leaders who want to keep the balance of people and performance
- First-level leaders who want to excel and grow in their career
- People who recognize that people are the key to ensuring organizations remain effective, productive, engaged, and collaborative.