Learning medications is one of the most intimidating, overwhelming, and difficult aspects of entering a healthcare field.
Where do you start? There are THOUSANDS of medications.
Top Drugs is designed to break down what you NEED to know into easily understandable / easy to learn chunks.
This course follows which conditions are most prevalent, and which drugs are most popular. This way, the student learns which drugs are actually used in practice. Which drugs are fast movers in every pharmacy. The gold standard drugs for each condition.
This course will provide students with a solid foundation of knowledge to enter a healthcare field, preparing them to excel.
Benefit in having the advantage over other applicants. Imagine already knowing a bulk of basic medications while applying to Pharmacy, Medical, Nursing, PA, or Dental school. How impressive would you be to the administrators?
Avoid the overwhelming feeling of starting your first rotation at a hospital, with only a few weeks of school under your belt. Avoid being completely clueless about what is going on! Go in with a foundation of knowledge, putting yourself above the competition.
I have been through professional school. The first couple of years were rough. Had I known what I know now, I would have prepared. I would have gone in with a foundation of drug knowledge.
That is what this course provides. Whatever healthcare field you are entering, or considering entering – go in with a strong foundation! Blow away your competition, outshine the other applicants. This is possible with some determination, and made simple with these courses.
Entire semesters of schooling can be dedicated to certain conditions. This course provides concise, relevant MUST KNOW education about each condition.
Different career paths require different pieces of medicinal knowledge. This course can be used by students in ALL of the different healthcare career fields.
Medications are sorted into a hierarchy. Each medication will have a popularity designation. I will tell you when medications are hospital only, over the counter, retail pharmacy only, etc. I will tell you when a medication is an absolute MUST KNOW. I will tell you when a drug is not very popular and only certain professionals will need to remember it.
The point of this course is to provide drug information that can be used for any future healthcare professional, at any step of their education journey. You can decide how to utilize the information, you can decide what you need to take note of. I will present every angle of the information.
The Drugs and Conditions NEED to Know Medication courses are broken into conditions. Under each condition, there will be:
- Condition Overview: Learn about the condition. What are the signs and symptoms? What causes the condition? What are the treatments? What are the treatment goals? Who needs treatment?
- Medication Overview: The bulk of the course will focus on medications. What medications are used to treat this condition? What are the first line medications? When would you use other medications? When and how are these medications used? Medications will be broken into drug classes and popularity. Each medication will have a hierarchy designation. How important is it to know this medication? They will be sorted in importance.
- MUST KNOW Medication Conclusion: Going over the important medications at the end of each condition presentation. You have learned about the condition and the medications used for it, now what do you absolutely need to remember?
- Condition Outline: A printable, downloadable, one page Word document summarizing every drug discussed in each presentation. Sorted in the usual hierarchy. Brand and generic names will be listed. You can print these documents prior to the presentations, and use to take notes that are relevant to you and your career.
- Blood Pressure/Hypertension
- OTC – Cough, Cold, Allergy
- GERD – Gastrointestinal Reflux Disease
- Thyroid Disorders
- Acute Sickness
- ADHD – Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Asthma/COPD – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- BPH/ED – Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia/Erectile Dysfunction
- Sleep Disorders
- Bone Health
- Birth Control
- Incontinence / Overactive Bladder
- Anticoagulation / Blood Clots
- Arrhythmia Disorders
- Dementia / Alzheimer’s Disease
List of the Top 200 Drugs of 2020 along with which Top Drugs course covers each medication available on the Drugs and Conditions website
I am a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) and a topic expert in medications. I’m a currently practicing pharmacist, with experience in retail and hospital settings – As well as academia/consultation areas of healthcare. With the purchase of my course you are obtaining advice/Q&A/expertise on medication related healthcare topics, as long as you are enrolled. I will be open and responsive to questions or discussion in the course pages.
Click the Expand Arrows under each section of “Course Content” to see exactly what is included in each presentation.
Who this course is for:
- Pre or Early Pharmacy Students
- Pharmacy Techs or Technicians in Training
- Pre or Early Medical Students
- Pre or Early Nursing Students
- Pre or Early Dental Students
- Pre or Early Physician Assistant Students
- Students aspiring to enter the healthcare field
- Students curious if healthcare is right for them
- Anyone with desire for a foundation of medication knowledge
What you’ll learn
Know Top Drugs! From basic name and class to simple uses and dangers
Discover effective ways to learn and remember top drugs!
Learn which drugs are actually used in practice, the drugs you NEED to know!
Get an advantage over classmates and other applicants with a solid foundation of medicinal knowledge!
Understand when they’re used, why they’re used, and how they’re used
Learn medication classes, brand, generic, and conditions they treat
Understand basic conditions, including signs and symptoms, goals, who needs treatment, and when and how to treat
Strengthen foundation of knowledge for exams such as NCLEX and Pharmacy Technician Boards
Learn some basic pharmacology introduction!