What you’ll learn
Describe Windows Server 2016 security technologies
Implement secure administrative techniques using credential guard, Just Enough Administration and Just In Time administration
Secure VM deployment and hosting with guarded fabrics
Reduce the Windows Server 2016 attack surface through security baselines, device guard policies and Server Core first deployments
Workload isolation with containers
Basic understanding of Windows server operating system
Basic understanding of computer networks
Basic knowledge of accessing and using simple Windows PowerShell commands
Basic knowledge of Active Directory domain services, Group Policy
In this course we will examine the out-of-the-box security features and technologies in the Windows Server 2016 Operating system. We will cover topics like the hardware security features (Secure Boot, VSM, etc.) and software security features (Credential Guard, workload isolation with containers, Just Enough Administration, DSC, AD security features, etc.). We will also discuss about attack surface reduction and server hardening processes and best practices.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe Windows Server 2016 security technologies
- Reduce the Windows Server 2016 attack surface through security baselines, device guard policies and Server Core first deployments
- Implement secure administrative techniques using credential guard, Just Enough Administration and Just In Time administration
- Workload isolation with containers
- Secure VM deployment and hosting with guarded fabrics
This course is designed to get you started as quickly as possible. There are a variety of self-paced learning activities. You will get:
- Video lectures on each topic explaining each concept thoroughly with examples (and Demonstrations where applicable)
- Final Exam at the end of the course – 20 questions to test your knowledge on the topics and concepts learned in the course
- Links to official Microsoft resources/blogs/videos for further documentation.
This course is the 7th course from a series of 9 courses which address all aspects to become a Microsoft Cyber Security Professional . This cyber security track is designed to teach you, or fill in the knowledge gaps, all the aspects and technologies to become a successful cyber security professional. The entire track addresses mostly Microsoft security technologies, including the latest cloud services made available by Microsoft like: Microsoft Defender Suite, Office 365 security features and services, Microsoft Graph, Azure Active Directory Security and many more.
Microsoft, Windows, Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. This course is not certified, accredited, affiliated with, nor endorsed by Microsoft Corporation.
Who this course is for:
- Security Administrators, Security Analysts, System Administrator
- Any IT enthusiast who wnts to get started in cyber security and be confortable with the Windows Server 2016 security features