What you’ll learn
How to build UI using the UI Toolkit package
How to implement a save system using ScriptableObjects
How to manage scenes using the Addressables package
How to implement a UI to configure visual and audio settings
In depth knowledge of Unity
A solid understanding of C#
In this course, we will design and implement user interfaces that are common across all games, using the Unity UI Toolkit package. The UI Toolkit makes it easier for people with a web developer background to create user interfaces in Unity.
Who is this course for?
This is an advanced course designed for those who already have a fundamental grasp of Unity, and want to learn how to add user interfaces to their game using SOLID design principles.
Are there any course requirements?
- A solid understanding of C#
- Previous experience using Unity
What you will learn:
- How to work with Unity’s new UI Toolkit and UI Builder
- How to implement a save system using ScriptableObjects
- How to manage scenes using ScriptableObjects
- How to use Unity’s Addressable Asset System
- How to create custom controls
- How to create a loading screen that displays the progress of assets being downloaded from Google’s Cloud Platform
- How to design a main menu
- How to implement a health bar
- How to write code that’s efficient and modular
- How to create a settings screen that can be used to adjust the game’s volume and resolution
- How to implement a pause menu that pauses the game as long as it remains open
- How to make use of USS properties
- How to create responsive user interfaces that adjust to various screen sizes
If all this sounds appealing to you, please join me, and I’ll see you inside the course.
Who this course is for:
- Indie game developers