Vedic Mathematics – The Ancient Art of Superfast Calculations (updated 9 – 2020) Free Tutorial Download
What you’ll learn
Application of the Sutras improves your computational skills in a wide area of problems
The knowledge of such methods enables you both speed and accuracy, strictly based on rational and logical reasoning
These techniques will help you improve your talent and creativity
Eradicates your fear of Mathematics and instills confidence
Improves your calculation speed and numerical skills
Sharpens your brain
Is an aid to crack your scholarship and entrance exams
Facilitates a habit of analytical thinking and measured approach towards any problem
Provides you with an insight into ancient Indian mathematics
No formal prerequisites, anyone interested to develop analytical thinking, numerical skills and computational skills can join this course
The Sanskrit word Veda is derived from the root Vid, meaning to know without limit. The word Veda covers all Veda-sakhas known to humanity. The
Veda is a repository of all knowledge, fathomless, ever revealing as it is delved deeper.
Vedic Mathematics is the name given to a supposedly ancient system of calculation which was “rediscovered” from the Vedas between 1911 and 1918 by Sri Bharati Krishna Tirthaji Maharaj (1884-1960). According to Tirthaji, all of Vedic mathematics is based on sixteen sutras, or word-formulae. For example, “Vertically and crosswise” is one of these Sutras. These formulae are intended to describe the way the mind naturally works, and are therefore supposed to be a great help in directing the student to the appropriate method of solution. None of these sutras has ever been found in Vedic literature, nor are its methods consistent with known mathematical knowledge from the Vedic era.
Here is how Vedic mathematics can help students and professionals:
- Using Vedic mathematics, a student need not memorize any multiplication table above 5.
- As the student learns more techniques, he/she will be able to do even complicated calculations mentally.
- The ability to do mental calculations quickly will be a significant advantage when the student takes competitive exams.
- Practice in these techniques boosts the confidence level of students/professionals to a great degree and they fall in love with the Math in no time.
Professionals/Students across age groups can gain the below:
- Superfast: Mathematics, derived from the Veda, provides one line, mental and superfast methods along with quick cross–checking systems.
- Play with Maths: Vedic Mathematics converts a tedious subject into a playful and blissful one which students learn with smiles.
- Pattern Recognition: Vedic Mathematics offers a new and entirely different approach to the study of Mathematics based on pattern recognition. It allows for the constant expression of a student’s creativity and is found to be easier to learn
- Simple Techniques: In this system, for any problem, there is always one general technique applicable to all cases and also a number of special pattern problems. The element of choice and flexibility at each stage keeps the mind lively and alert to develop clarity of thought and intuition, and thereby a holistic development of the human brain automatically takes place.
- Reduces Anxiety: Vedic Mathematics with its special features has the inbuilt potential to solve the psychological problem of Mathematics – anxiety.
The Sutras apply to and cover almost every branch of Mathematics. They apply even to complex problems involving a large number of mathematical operations. Application of the Sutras saves a lot of time and effort in solving the problems, compared to the formal methods presently in vogue. Though the solutions appear like magic, the application of the Sutras is perfectly logical and rational. The computation made on the computers follows, in a way, the principles underlying the Sutras. The Sutras provide not only methods of calculation, but also ways of thinking for their application.
Who this course is for:
- Professionals who are into coding/programming can gain valuable insights which they can use in their programs
- Anyone writing competitive exams, aptitude exams and/or corporate assessments can join this course
- Is useful for everyone – students, professionals, teachers, parents, and the young and old