Basic load balancing knowledge is recommended
Avi Networks (now NSX ALB) is easily one of the coolest load balancers on the planet! Join me, and learn about it!
The VMware NSX ALB (Avi) is a software-defined load balancer. The architecture is completely different than anything you’ve seen before – it uses the concept of a Controller, and Service Engines, in order to load balance for VM/vSphere, Public Cloud, Bare Metal, and even Container workloads.
In this course, we’re going to cover the following:
- Avi/ALB Architecture – Why it’s different than any traditional load balancers out there!
- How to deploy Avi from scratch
- **We will only be deploying Avi in a vCenter environment in this course, public cloud won’t be covered
- How to configure pools, and virtual services
- How to configure basic virtual service policies (block based on IP reputation, etc)
- Virtual Service monitoring via Analytics/Logging
- How Avi handles failures of service engines and Controllers (live lab to demonstrate this!)
- Basic LB config (LTM capabilities)
- We will NOT be configuring advanced functionality, such as GSLB/WAF/Automation in this course
Avi is really easy to use, but getting started can seem confusing. My goal with this course is to make it simple to learn the basics, so that you can move onto more advanced test cases and topics! This course is filled with hands-on examples/labs, and minimal slides! Here’s feedback from my actual students:
- “Again another great course delivered from Mike! Will definitely enroll in any new VMware/Networking related courses should they become available in the future! Supporting you always”
- “One of the Best courses I took on Udemy”
- “Great course and amazing illustrations, illustrations and slides made it easier to understand these difficult concepts, especially when you are coming from traditional networking background”
- “The course is amazing, I followed everything step-by-step in my home lab and everything worked like magic”
My name is Mike, and people know me as the VMware guy (also known as NRDY Tech on YouTube). I’ve got years of experience with both Cisco and VMware technologies, including two CCIE certifications, and most importantly, I have struggled through learning this stuff – so I know exactly how to make you a VMware pro! I have taught this same curriculum to many students, and have seen many go on to become the go-to experts on Avi in their companies!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to learn how Avi works, and how to deploy it in a vCenter environment
What you’ll learn
How Avi/ALB architecture works
How to deploy Active/Active virtual services in Avi/ALB
How to deploy Avi Controllers from scratch in a vCenter environment
Use Avi analytics to troubleshoot quickly