Previous NSX-T experience or training is highly recommended
Why should learning Federation be boring? Tired of death by powerpoint like some other courses? You won’t find that here.
NSX-T Federation is a really exciting topic – something a lot of people are talking about. Unfortunately, there’s not much information out there on Federation! I’ve created this course to help you learn the basics – from high level design, to how to implement a basic federation deployment with NSX-T. Here’s feedback from my actual students:
- “Recently I found out that I would be assisting in a project to deploy NSX-T and I can assure you I was super nervous and a bit scared if I’m being honest as I’m a traditional network engineer so this is totally out of my comfort zone. After going through this course, I feel much more comfortable to attempt this deployment”
- “One of the Best courses I took on Udemy”
- “This is one of the best training courses for NSX-T available on the internet”
- “The course is amazing, I followed everything step-by-step in my home lab and everything worked like magic”
My name is Mike, and people know me as the NSX guy. I’ve got years of experience with both Cisco and VMware technologies, including two CCIE certifications, and most importantly, I have struggled through learning this stuff – so I know exactly how to make you an NSX pro! I have taught this same curriculum to many students, and have seen many go on to become the go-to experts on NSX in their companies!
VMware NSX-T introduces the ability to deploy “Federation” – which means you can have a common management plane between multiple physical locations. This course will focus exclusively on a two-site Federation design. I deploy all of the components from scratch, and show you everything along the way.
In this NSX-T Federation Fundamentals course, we’ll go through the core federation concepts that you need to know, and I’ll walk you through the FULL deployment from scratch. It’s important to note that this course is VERY heavy on implementation and does not cover every design aspect of NSX-T Federation, my goal is to give you the tools to be able to deploy it in your lab, and continue your learning!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone considering implementing a federation design
- Presales engineers responsible for designing NSX-T Federation
- Technical individuals looking for a solution to stretching networks between locations (Disaster Recovery)
What you’ll learn
How to understand the components used in a Federation deployment
How NSX firewall rules apply to multiple locations
How to deploy NSX-T Federation management components
How to stretch networks between physical locations